Oh my, what a weekend! Practically nothing went according to plan, but I suppose that's just life sometimes, right?
For the first time in months, this post is coming to you live (as in, not prescheduled) because we have a delayed opening this morning! They are the BEST! No snow days to make up (and trust me, we do NOT want snow days - just one will push our last day of school til June 20th!) but time to sleep in, let the snow melt a little, and shave two hours off of school. Um, can we do this every Monday?
Anyway, like I said before, the weekend was jumbled and had practically no rhyme or reason, so I'm just going to list.
- On Friday, my pretty nail just randomly ripped in half, which was devastating. I'm not sure when I became that person who cares so much about her nails, but when you pay money for a manicure that's supposed to last 3 weeks and it's only on for like 8 days, it's okay to be disappointed in my book. It ended up looking awful, so I came up with the brilliant idea of removing the gel polish myself (don't, just don't do this) and revealed the most yellow, weak, and brittle nails underneath.
- SOOO, on Saturday my biggest priority was damage control. Thankfully, I managed to find a great holiday deal and just had the woman fix 'em up and put a quick layer of polish on them so they wouldn't all break. No more gel polish for awhile on this girl!
- Since that was (obviously) so traumatic, I rewarded myself with my first red cup Starbucks beverage. I keep getting these rewards on my phone, so I finally put them to good use!
- The evening was cozy and my parents stopped by to see our decorations and ended up hanging out for awhile.
- On Sunday, Walker and I had these grandiose plans to go Christmas shopping for our families. We had our route all mapped out and everything! On our way out the door at 11:30ish, there were some flurries in the sky, but snow wasn't predicted until 4:00 or so. Well, let me tell you - we spent 15 minutes in a store looking for our first gift, and when we came out, there was at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. We had no choice but to just turn around and go home, and it took us almost 40 minutes to make the five minute drive!
- Overall, this part of Jersey got 9 inches of snow in three hours. Crazy!
- Let's just say I like snow a whole lot more now that we're married. My husband is the one who goes to clean off my car!
So tell me. How was your weekend?